Thursday, September 1, 2011

Coming out of the Woodwork

Where to begin? Oh I’ll start with where God has answered a lot of prayers in a huge way! The ICC BU YG last year was dwindling. Before the mission trip, turn out to Bible studies was shockingly horrible as people were “busy” or, for those brave enough to say it, “didn’t like the young group because of…” Things improved after Tennessee, but not extraordinarily. Now, please know that I’m not judging anyone. I was one of those that never went until after the mission trip…then I went to EVERYTHING…that’s probably what got me put on the committee. But anyway, at the end of last semester I would look around the room and see all the “regulars” the “faithful few” and realized that 98% of them were moving to ISU next year. Rumors were circulating that there would not be an ICC BU YG anymore.  Well, I had been so blessed by the group and I wanted others to be, so I prayed all summer that people would come to things (because I knew there were ACs at ICC, they just didn’t go). And guess what: This Monday was the first Bible Study of the year and I actually got teary eyed to see the room fill to more than it’s ever been! Instead of dying with the loss of the regulars, the young group just changed! Praise the Lord!

So as far as my schedule goes….:

Monday: clinical 8:30-5:00. Supper at 5:45 at Avantis. Bible Study at 7:00

Tuesday: Class 12:00-4:00. Volleyball at 7:00

Wednesday: clinical 8:30-5:00. Church (rotation) 7:15

Thursday: class 12:00-4:00. ISU Bible Study 7:15

Friday: class 10:00-12:00. Young Group stuff 7:30

And then I’ll be gone for 98% of my weekends. So please don’t blame me if I don’t get things posted often this semester.

Not that I’m complaining. I love my schedule, however exhausting it may be. I do need to watch, though, that I don’t let being tired affect the way  I act/treat people….like last night….so, Josh and Phil are on the committee with me and last night we were trying to get out the door of church (Tremont)  to go to Heidi Koch’s, but we were waiting for Rebecca Dreste to find out if Phil (her brother) was going so she could ride with one of us. She went to talk to him, but came back and said she didn’t know: they ignored her. In my impatience, and wanting to get on with such a simple task I marched over there to get an answer. The entire group of guys got quiet as I approached and literally stepped back and I could almost sense a very subtle hint of fear in their eyes. See, when I get tired and am in a social setting, I tend to get loud and bossy. Poor Phil and Josh are usually the victims of my bossiness and they must have told all the other guys because they were practically cowering. And when I asked Phil the simple question of if he was going to Heidi’s, he answered so fast, I was sure he was trying to get rid of me. Oh well. I guess I don’t mind that I can tell them what to do and none of them will stand up to me.

Anyway, so, school has been great! I really love this teacher. She teaches in a way that is slower and more repetitive and her tests are more general concepts and critical thinking rather than tib-bit facts and memorization. Clinical has been great too. I’m at Midwest Orthopedics, which right off the bat is awesome just for being outpatient. Getting a wonderful Clinical Instructor along with that is like whip cream on pie! I am getting more and more confident in my skills as a PTA every day, and its only week 2!!!

So God has been good. If I may ask for some prayer, though, that would be great. ICC/BU YG is hosting College Weekend this semester and we are so not on track with planning for it.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment