Friday, August 10, 2012

Shedd Aquarium

 

Last Saturday we planned a little trip to Chicago to see the Shedd Aquarium. I’d never seen it before and we had a really empty Saturday. I love how we have absolutely no responsibilities like pets or kids right now. If we want to go on a trip we can just go. It’s so fun being a grown-up :).

Shedd Aquarium 002Shedd Aquarium 005

We left pretty early to try to beat the crowds a little. There was still quite the line to get in.

Shedd Aquarium 008Shedd Aquarium 009

We ended up paying a little extra for the all access pass. With only two people, it really isn’t that much of a splurge. I’m glad we did too, we got to see all the special exhibits, a 4D show, and the Aquatic Show.

Shedd Aquarium 017

The dolphins were my favorite. They really were playful! They would swim upside down, dart in one direction for no reason. I could have sat there for hours.

One thing I wish I could have seen was the belugas, but, the funny thing is, Brian hates them. He can’t stand to look at them. I’m not sure if this is some kind of childhood fear that never matured or what, but he wouldn’t go near their exhibit.

Shedd Aquarium 021Shedd Aquarium 024

Below is the Aquatic show. This was just about the last thing we did.

Shedd Aquarium 026Shedd Aquarium 027

We had to wait about 20 minutes from the time we sat down till the show started and Brian was so tired he started to doze. I’m glad we came early, though, for the seats filled quickly and completely.

Shedd Aquarium 028Shedd Aquarium 031

So, that was a fun day. This last week has been a great one! Brian’s bosses (they’re all related) all went on vacation and the only other employee’s wife had a baby over the weekend, so he got called off on Monday.  Usually with this job he gets quite a few days off throughout the summer due to rain, but not this year. So, it was good to have the day off. Anni came over with Jessica, Bethany, Hannah, and Shelby and we made a Mexican lunch and played a game. Brian isn’t a fan of having my girl cousins over. His family is witty and the conversations are meaningful. With this group of girls (three of which are blond), according to him, “Everyone is spouting off whatever is on their mind and no one knows what’s going on.” That’s something he’s going to have to get used to. I’m terrible at saying things that make perfect sense all the time.

Tuesday, his bosses got home late from vacation, so he got another day off. We were pretty low on groceries and didn’t have enough coffee in the house, so I asked Brian if he would walk with me to the Casey’s about a half mile away. He didn’t want to at first, but once I explained what I’m like without coffee, he hopped right up. Later, Grandma Pfister invited us to her house for lunch. Donna was there along with a few other relatives. It was a great lunch!

On Wednesday I went home for the day.

Yesterday I took it easy and alternated between practicing the piano and guitar. I read a book for a while, watched a little T.V., did laundry, and met Mom and Donna for lunch. To put a cherry on top of a really good day, Brian came home from work early due to the rain.

So, today is my last really free day before I begin work. I’m sooooo excited. Monday can’t come soon enough.

Here are some pictures of our house:

108 N. 5th St. 001

Our living room.

108 N. 5th St. 002

The hallway

108 N. 5th St. 003

This is the guest “bedroom” which is lacking furniture. Really its just a storage room.

108 N. 5th St. 005

This is our bedroom. It looks nice from this view, but that’s because you can’t see the hideous wallpaper on the left side wall.

108 N. 5th St. 007108 N. 5th St. 008108 N. 5th St. 009

It feels more and more like home everyday. I truly do like it here and feel so blessed for it.

1 comment: