Monday, October 8, 2012

Brian can really eat!

 

I just wanted to commend my husband for being awesome. First, he went to Karin’s and to the haunted house with me even though he really didn’t want to. Then he showed such a servant heart by waking up at 5 in the morning to drive all the way to Lewiston to help my Dad out and lead the singing. And today, on his day off, he went to work at Lawnscapes. Lastly, as I hate getting up by myself, I woke up with him early this morning and he brought me coffee!!! POINTS for the husband!!! Sometimes I worry that I don’t do near as much for him that he does for me.

Anyway, this weekend has been pretty eventful, so I thought I’d write it down. I have Friday’s off, so that’s when my long Columbus day weekend began. Friday night Dan and Donna took us out to eat at Olive Garden where they are having their never ending pasta deal going on. Donna and I just ate one bowl of fettucini alfredo. Dan eat two and Brian, a whopping three bowls. The funniest thing was when the waitress handed him the second bowl, turned to get an order from another table, turned back to ours and Brian had finished his pasta. Just in time to order another bowl :) The waitress exclaimed, “you ate that very quickly”.

Saturday morning was a quiet one. We didn’t really have anything to do, so Brian mentioned an “art” project he needs to do by next week. He needed to make a football field out of poster board for a game he’s going to teach his students. So, we went to Dollar General for supplies.

For lunch, Grandma Schwind invited us to go out to eat for our birthdays and Megan’s, since she didn’t get to earlier in the year. We went to Destihl in Bloomington. The food was really good and at a decent price. Again, Brian had to impress some people with his eating skills. First he ate all his own food, then half of mine and Megan’s entrees. Then, we were looking at the dessert menu, and saw a carrot cake that was 1 pound. It’s meant to be shared with the entire table. I said something along the lines of, “Brian, you couldn’t eat a whole pound of cake” and the challenge was on. Astonishingly, he ate the behemuth dessert. He regretted it later, but I think the expressions from the waitress and waiter were worth it.

The afternoon was spent walking to Grandmas Schwinds, so Brian could mow her yard. I hung out in the warm indoors and chatted with Grandma. Then it was off to Karin’s for steak. Needless to say, neither of us were ready for another big meal. It was super fun anyway. The Sauder’s were there too. The haunted house wasn’t the best it’s ever been in my opinion, but seeing Brian experience one for the first time was fun.

Here’s some pics from Karins house:

 Haunted House 005Haunted House 007Haunted House 012Haunted House 013Haunted House 015Haunted House 016Haunted House 018Haunted House 020Haunted House 021

Yesterday was the Schwind’s annual cookout where we roasted hot dogs over the fire and played lots of football. I’m so thankful to have married into a family so like the Meister family. It was a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment