Tuesday, February 26, 2013

21

 

Last weekend

was super

busy.

On Thursday afternoon Brian was called in to shovel snow at Grand Prairie. Rather than staying a wintery night all by myself at home, I decided to stay the night at my parent’s. Anni and I stayed up fairly late watching Beauty and the Beast. This didn’t phase me too much because I knew I had the day off the next day and could sleep in. Has it really been that long since I’ve moved out that I could so easily forget how early my family wakes up? Yep, 4:30 in the morning Ryan turns all the lights on in the living room where I had crashed and begins his day. FOUR THIRTY!!!!! Boy was I ticked. I spent that entire morning helping Mom clean and prepare for potluck the next day. At 10 a.m. Brian called to tell me he was done shoveling (that was 10 hours of working) and would be going over to Megan’s apartment to sleep a little. I agreed to meet him there in time for lunch with Megan and Donna. After lunch, Brian was in no condition to be driving home, so we left my car with plans for my family to bring it out to Roanoke on Sunday when they came to church. I was anxious to get home, for today was the day I was planning on preparing for potluck at our house. Quite the coincidence that Mom and I both offered to host on the same day. Upon arriving at home Brian fell into a very deep sleep. I napped for a quick 15 mins and then got to work. By 8:00 I felt satisfied and went to join Brian in bed (he’d been asleep since 2:30), however, he woke up and was ready to get up. I was exausted, but also missed him quite a bit, so we stayed up and watched T.V. together. What a long day. From 4:30 am until 11 I was up and working hard for most of it.

Saturday was no less busy. At 9:00 we were all at Megan’s helping her to move into her new apartment. She had decided to live with a room mate and, boy, was I glad she did! Tasha, her room mate, is my twin for decorating styles and a super sweet person. We just hit it off, much to Brian’s dismay as he was already annoyed at my excitement for rustic, old furniture and now he got to here about it from two voices. We had lunch at Wildberries and then Brian and I came straight home to set up the table and begin cooking for potluck.

Potluck went really well. There were three other couples: Sam and Seth Keiser, Tim and Brittany Schwind, and Fred and Jodi Leman, and all brought wonderful food. And, of course, we had to play a competitive game of “Battle of the Sexes”. Girls won. It was another late night, though.

Sunday. The day of rest. I grudgingly opened my eyes at 8:00 that morning feeling just as tired as I was when I went to bed not too many hours ago. The plans for the day included church, where my family would be joining us for afternoon service, hanging out at our house after church, and then dinner to celebrate my birthday later. I felt heavy and tired as I pictured another day of very little rest/down time. Then we got a call from my Mom saying Dad is feeling really terribly sick and that they may not be coming. All of the sudden all of the memories of Dad’s health problems rushed through my head and the thought of it all coming back hit me like a wave and I broke down. At the exact time it was time to leave for church I began crying and could not stop for another hour. I kept saying to Brian, “I’m sure I’m just tired, there’s no reason for me to keep crying like this.” as he tried to comfort me. We ended up making it in time for second service. The rest of the day really was fun. I don’t know what was up with the morning.

Which brings me to today. Tuesday the 26th of February. My Birthday.

The best thing that happed today was Brian getting up before me to make me coffee and breakfast in bead. It was wonderful!!! He made scrambled eggs and toast. I love him so much.

The rest of the day has been going down hill since. You probably know about winter storm Rocky that hit central Illinois with a wet fury. When I looked outside this morning I was just about sure I’d get a snow day for my birthday. I mean, it was nasty out. But, no, all my schools for the day were open. So, I braved the slush and ice and the 30 min drive to work took 1 hour. I got there only to find that most of my kids were absent today. This means doing paperwork and killing time by reading journal articles for loooong hours. When the snow got really heavy around 2:00 I threw in the towel. No sense in getting stuck in Bloomington trying to kill time. The drive home was slow. We are supposed to go to a Jr. High Boys Camp meeting tonight (another birthday present), but I really don’t feel like going back out to Bloomington. Oh, guess what also. Brian has been shoveling snow all day at Grand Prairie and doesn’t expect to be home till late. So, it’s going to be a lonely birthday evening for this girl.

Alright, I confess, I’m feeling a little sorry for myself. It could be way worse and I’m thankful for what I have.

1 comment:

  1. Bendable plastic material rods, huh, energy rods they call them?


    Here is my page: bowflex 552

    ReplyDelete