Sunday, June 27, 2010

Girls Camp and Steve

Well, I must say, I have wanted to start a blog for a very long time now. I love to write! If I could pick any other career besides PTA and would be guaranteed a job it would have to do with writing. And, what better topic to write about than my own life? It took me a long time to get to the point of actually creating a blog because I was mainly worried that people would think that I am trying to get some kind of attention for sharing my life online. I assure any one who might be reading this that my main purpose of having a blog is to record the things that go on in my life in a place that I won't lose it. Well, anyway, I went ahead and created a blog despite that silly voice inside my head telling me not to.
I just returned from High School Girls Camp a couple of hours ago and it was unbelievable. Girls Camp is a church function where girls from all over the place (37 churches from 9 different states and 4 different countries this year to be exact) come together to the Old School Center in Farmington Illinois for three days of cram packed fun. It is such a wonderful opportunity to get to know other women of the Faith and worship with them. I can't help but leave feeling full of the good news of Jesus Christ and the love of the sisterhood that formed under His precious name! It was truly a blessed weekend!
As great as this weekend was, however, I am glad to be home. As I had discussed with one of my counselors at camp, I am a home person and I don't believe I enjoy any other place on earth as much as my home. Anyway, I had a certain someone waiting for me that I was very anxious to see. Steve is an orphaned white-tailed deer that had come into our live just a couple of weeks ago. He was found by Justin and Katie Herman who weren't able to keep him so they passed him on to us. Since then, I hesitate to admit, I have become quite attached to the little guy. It seems he has claimed my room as his den and me as his mom. As a result, I couldn't stop worrying and thinking about him for the past three days that we were apart. I know this sounds ridiculous as he is only an animal, but he was at the Sauders house and they have two "ferocious" huskies. Can you blame me for worrying? Well, when I arrived at their house and approached his pen I couldn't stop from picturing some horrible scene of him sick or dead. I called out his name and I was extremly pleased to see him bounding out of the tall grass toward me as fast as he could. He greeted me with such great enthusiasm that I actually felt my stomach fill with butterflies at seeing him. When we got home and walked in the front door, Steve ran around like the clumsy little buck that he is, glad to be where everything is familiar and safe. I'll admit I felt a bit like running and jumping myself. It is indeed good to be home. This is a little video of Steve a week or so ago.

The house is actually empty for the time being as Mom, Dad, Ryan, and Steven went to visit my aunt Rachel and uncle Sandor Davidovics in Rittman, Ohio, and Anni stayed at my Grandma's lake to hang out with the cousins. Now I must get going on studying. I have two big midterm's to study for and I do not feel in the least bit prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment