Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anni’s Artwork and Pet Pictures

101_0017101_0020

Computer edited version                   Original Version

Anni drew this rose heart flower picture and I thought it was really good. It’s funny because the first goat we ever had, little Anni wanted to name her Rose Heart. Now I understand what a “rose heart” is. Smile Good times.

Steve’s Christmas Picture:

Steve's Christmas Picture

What can I say, he is like a child to me! Haha. Really I just wanted to waste some time with Photoshop. But in all seriousness, I am really very attached to my Steve. He leads nearly perfectly with his little camo collar and when not on the lead he always follows me, or at least keeps one eye on me. He and Larry do not get along, the other day I watched in horror as Steve went up to sniff Larry’s nose, and Larry, not wanting to have anything to do with him, took a snap at Steve’s face. Steve wasn’t hurt, but I think he will be leaving Larry alone in the future. Cindy, on the other hand adores Steve. With maternal affection she licks and nuzzles his thick fur kindly. The two make quite a pair. I try to make an effort to go out and see Steve everyday, but with the cold of winter, it has been harder and harder to get myself outside. Ah well, perhaps today I will let him spend some extra time in the house. He is terrible in the house. He is just tall enough to be able to stick his nose right on top of the tables. He loves to snack on anything and is determined to try and snatch everything within reach. If he isn’t looking for food, he is still putting things in his mouth. Anything and everything that will fit has to be chewed on when it comes to Steve. He reminds me of a two year old. But no matter how annoying that is, he is still my Steve. I’m glad we decided to keep him till spring, for I am sure it would be impossible for me to give him up now.

We added some new birds to our collection. The aviary my dad built is certainly large enough and in my opinion it needed a little more excitement. So I went to the pet store and headed straight to the birds. In one little cage they had probably thirty or so finches. All the same greyish color except one. This one was a beautiful little white snowball of a bird and I had to have her. I chose her out, and one male and brought them home to meet our original two finches. The two older ladies at first welcomed the new ones happily, but over the next couple days became territorial and now they will have nothing to do with them, not even the male. Since we now have four I decided to name them. Zuri and Zeera are the older ones. They can be told apart by the stripes on the right side of their tales, otherwise they are identical:

100_9979101_0026

The one on the right is definitely Zuri. See the three broad stripes on her tail? Zeera’s are smaller.

Here they are with Zeus, the male, in the middle. This was the first day Zeus and Zipporah were introduced.

100_9981100_9982

Below are Zipporah                                   And Zeus

101_0025100_9978

Zipporah is a spitfire and very difficult to photograph. Zeus on the other hand is quite sleepy.

Together the have settle into one nest and Zeera and Zuri in the other. Other than fighting each other away, the two rival groups hardly associate. I must say, Zipporah and Zeus have a much better chance of success with their nest. I’m excited to see what their babies will look like.

101_0023101_0021

Yup, the finches are fun. They are so quirky and hilarious to watch, everything they do is fast. Watching them is a lot like watching that television show: Mere cat Manor.

No comments:

Post a Comment