Wednesday, June 29, 2011

God Speaking

 

Let me begin with an apology: I will get the Jamaica stuff up soon, but unfortunately, I haven’t the time tonight. This has been the most amazing and busy summers I’ve ever had.

Tonight, I want to write down something awesome that just happened.

So, I've been praying about a certain issue in my life that God has recently revealed to me must be addressed and cannot be put off any longer. As I’m praying, I’m practically getting into an argument with myself or God or whatever. It would seem that my heart and mind are very far apart. My mind says, “You know what God’s truth says, you know what you have to do,” to which my heart replies, “but, but, but, its hard! and it can’t be wrong. And so and so says this that backs up my thinking and this verse clearly says this. And it….” blah, blah, blah!!! I came home from church and said good bye to my family who left for the weekend and just kneeled down on my living room floor and prayed. Well as I’m praying I get a text from a brother from the Jamaica trip (not eligible for marriage) who has only texted me once before in my entire life, saying this: “And whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17”

! ! !

I have never had God speak to me in such an outright manner before. I must say, it is awesome and frightening all at the same time and all I can say in response is Praise The Lord!

ps. the issue I was praying about is of no significance or concern to any who might be reading this. Just something I had to deal with within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment