Thursday, June 2, 2011

Goofball

Our family is extra special in that we all live so close to eachother. Six families (Sauders, Grandma, Honnegers, Meisters, Sceggels, and the Rienhards) all live around the Lake and we only live a mile from there. This makes carpooling a wonderful option for getting to places that we are all headed to anyway like church. So, last night we filled our van to the brim with Grandma, Diane, Mark and Judy, and myself and all went to church together.

Nothing much happened on the way there, just the normal visiting. But on the way back everybody was suddenly pretty hyper…maybe from the ice cream we stopped for, but, oh my, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Judy and Diane, being the sisters that they are, had quite the “argument” over paying for the ice cream, which was only $6.62 (not enough to make a fuss about in my opinion which made it all just that much more entertaining), and of course Grandma, being the mom that she is, threatened to have the car pulled over if they don’t quite. The “Be kind to one another” song was, of course, inevitable. My do I love my aunts. They are just so goofy sometimes!

Speaking of Goofs….So, ever since I was little my parents have called me “The Goof” or “Goofball”. It doesn’t even phase me that they do, I always just answer to it without thinking twice about it. So, anyway, today I went with Mom to observe her work (I’m hoping that her boss sees my initiative to learn on my free time and increases my chances of possibly landing a job in the school system when I graduate, Lord willing). She works closely with the teachers and we passed by one coming through the door. “Hi!” mom said. Then turning to me she goes, “This is my daughter, Goofball. She’s going to be a PTA and came to observe me.” She corrected herself quick enough, but the teacher definitely gave me quite the look and we chuckled about that all the rest of the day. Smile

Oh! Good news! I got a new camera (the old one is not functioning). So I will make the effort to take pictures to make this blog more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment