Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 4

On day three (the day we saw the Painted desert, petrified forest, and Grand Canyon) I went to bed with a slightly throbbing headache expecting the elevation was affecting me in a poor way. That morning I was sick. My head was at this point began pounding at the slightest flinch and I was nauseous. Between states of delirious consciousness I could hear the family talking about entering Nevada. They talked about the Hoover Dam so I figured we must have crossed it. They talked about Las Vegas and a hotel room. I remember giving every bit of my strength to cross the room and find the bed. I remember the room was dark and cool and I lied there for hours. I listened to the family speak about the pool just outside the door and a Circus just down the road. Looking back I think about how pitiful I must have seemed to them, lying there moaning and gripping the edge of the bed till my knuckles were white to distract myself from whatever turmoil was going on either in my stomach or my head. It was a horrible illness that lasted two whole days. Even after it let up I didn't recover fully for another two days. The first day of being sick I missed Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam and the second day, Death Valley and the Nevada deserts. As far as I know, it all went well and was pretty interesting.
Unfortunately I have no photos of the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas and Death Valley and no memory of them either.

2 comments:

  1. aww.. so sorry to hear you were sick. sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess they're right when they say what happens in vegas.....

    ReplyDelete