Friday, August 27, 2010

Steve and Samson


We added the two yellow wires at the bottom
And it works!
Shockingly, Larry doesn't really get along well with Steve.
Steve got to see some chickens for the first time!
To finish the day, Steve played hide and seek in the tall grass.

I did it! I successfully got through the first week of this semester! I won't lie, it was pretty tough. Alice, my professor, likes to jump right into things, no wasted time with her, which is ok with me. I always had a problem with high school teachers being as lazy as their students and just sticking in movies to occupy our time. But, there was alot of information thrown at us. We learned about heat and cold from a  therapeutic stand point and how to administer treatment using these modalities. We also covered alot on functional anatomy and started on the skeletal system. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized how little of a grasp I have on everything. Well, that is what today is for: studying...not blogging ;)>        Anyway, I found out this morning that I am to be in a parade. Before you get too excited, its a parade for Hanna City and we expect to be walking past maybe 12 or so people. Rachel Sauder is bringing 20 pieces of candy to throw at them, its always good to have extra.I am going to ride Sanna, Judy's older friesian mare. Things with Wynne kindof went downhill after she threw a bit of a bucking fit right before the hog roast and threw me to the hard ground. I came out of it ok and have a lovely big bruise the size of a big hand on my leg to show for it.             The vaulters will also be performing for the parade. I think it will be fun.             As for today, mom and I have had an easy day cleaning and such. Mom decided, after several sleepless nights over the subject, that we should make it so Steve can live in the field in order to give him more variety of plants to eat. The fence would not have held him before, but we spent an hour or so placing wires where needed and there we have it: instant deer and goat safe fence. I was so nervous when we let the Steve and Sandra out of their safe chain link pen to the wide open spaces of the field. The results were highly gratifying. After poking his nose at our makeshift fence he soon gave up and went on to more important things, like eating. As successful as this venture was, I still had to peek out to see if they were still there every few minutes. I worry too much. I think I will certainly pen them up for the night, but during the day, this is a perfect option.                The video is of our bird: Samson. He and his "wife" Delilah are a constant source of entertainment for us. I wasn't there when they took this, but I died laughing when I saw it. Silly guy, apparently likes to dance!!! I think the song suited him well.





























No comments:

Post a Comment