Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Titus Bible study and the Halloween Party

 

Last night we hosted our Titus Bible Study group at our house. I came home from school two hours later than usual due to studying and quickly rushed straight into cleaning. There was no time to spare. Although the company coming would be only family, I felt we needed to present our home with at least some standards (difficult when one is trying to keep up with the mess two young brothers leave behind.) Once finally satisfied with the state of the most trafficked areas, Anni and I headed over to the barn for vaulting practice. Nothing exciting or extraordinary can be said for the practice. We came home with a little over an hour until people would arrive for the Bible Study and since I was satisfied with the house I decided I could relax a little and actually do the study.

Mom hasn’t been in this study, but since it would be at her house she decided to join in and did the homework with me before hand. I really enjoyed doing the study with her. It was nice to get the insight of one much wiser than I, and I contributed my ideas too. As we were going through it I had to say that this was a really good chapter and I was excited for the discussions tonight. I had good reason to be excited, it turned out to be one of the best studies yet, in my opinion.

This Saturday was the Sauder’s Halloween party, an annual event. Anni and I headed over early, after cleaning at home to help with the set up. I’m always impressed with the amount of work the Sauder’s put into this party. Not only do they clean their house nicely, clean the garage and roll out carpet and set up tables, but they also decorate the yard and garage extravagantly. Spider webs and bones hang from the ceiling in the garage and the yard is converted into a graveyard of scary bones and skeletons. The affect is added to with strobe and black lights and fog machines. However, the best part of the party is the costumes that show up. It seems like everyone is trying to outdo everyone else and the result is maximum creativity. If you don’t believe me, see for yourself:

Sauder’s Halloween party

No comments:

Post a Comment