Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Adventures in School

            Don't get me wrong, I love school right now, its great to learn about things that I know I'll be using all my life, but wow it can be hard. Monday, Alice, my professor lectured for 4 hours with only one 10 minute break and one 5 minute break! Talk about information overload. Yesterday was better as the traffic, due to the "inspirational talks" down at the civic center, held everyone up, including Alice, until 8:30. We also had a social planned with the sophomore class at 11:30, so our four hour class was cut down to a three hour lab practice! Which was good, because I needed some practice working with the hot packs, cold packs, positioning, and draping. It's so hard to remember what to say at the right times, which technique to use, etc. But I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later. One funny thing happened yesterday. We learned about Ice massages, which basically entails the PTA rubbing a piece of ice on one area. This is good because it makes it possible to target one small area. Anyway, I started "treating" my partner on some tendons near the elbow and all was fine and dandy. After five minutes we switched and she did me. After we had cleaned up she looked at her arm and the area that I had rubbed the ice on was raised up like a large, perfectly oval hive. It was so weird looking!
         I'm looking at yet another busy day with school, following vaulting, following church, and somewhere in there I have to take a group photo for the scholarship I received. I have no idea when or where this photo is to be taken so I have to call ICC when I get the chance.
         Steve is doing well. The fence idea didn't work as he escaped three times in one day, each time venturing over to the neighbors where a new roof is being put up. Despite all the loud bangs and noises he really wanted to be with people. What a brave little kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment