Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Still a Cute Car

Waking up this morning I felt like the day would be a promising one. Though I did sleep in thirty minutes late, I had plenty of time to do a last minute go-over of all the material that would be on our test in school today. After finishing that and my coffee I sat at our table watching the family run around trying to prepare for the day and wondered what to do from now (7:00) until the time I have to leave (8:30). Just then, Mom looks at the time and excitedly proclaims that, since Steven was riding the bus, she can go on the walk this morning! I had to join her and walk we did.
That took care of our social needs for the day and we came home (8:00) with some  time to spare. I strolled around collecting my books and such and tried to waste time so I wouldn't arrive at school too early. 8:17 rolled around and I decided to head out to the car. "Maybe I'll have car problems or there will be traffic today" I said to myself, justifying the fact that I was leaving a whole 13 minutes early. Well, wouldn't you know, I did have car troubles. In my carelessness I had left my car lights on last time I used it and the battery was completly dead. I had quite a moment of panic and quickly called mom asking what I should do. She promptly told me that she would call someone at the Lake to come rescue me, whatever that means. After hanging up with her I remembered that Dad has a battery charger in his shop and I knew how to work it. I retrieved that and called Dad so he could talk me through the process. Boy, did I feel cool lifting up the hood of my car and plugging the red clampy thing with the red metal thing and the black clampy thing with the black metal thing and pushing the charge button. Happily, it worked and I would like to say that the car roared to life when I turned the key, but it is very much a sissy car and it just quietly made its presence known by a soft humming of its quiet engine. Well, it was a beautiful sound to me. Just as I was putting the car charger away Joan pulled in to jump the car. Once agian, I was proud to say I did it myself. Next I need to learn how to change a tire and I'll be a regular car mechanic!
Well I pulled out of the drive at exactly 8:30 on the nose.
The test at school went well. This teacher tends to give really tricky questions, but the whole class agreed that this one was the least tricky of all. 
On my way home from school I was listening to the news, I think it was Rush Limbaugh. Anyway, I'm convinced: Obama is a Muslim. Karin is right!
And, I got home and realized that my art project that I thought was due on the 15th was due two days ago. Oops. So I rushed to do that and turn it in late. I don't think any college student should have to take art. I don't think any one past the age of 7 should have to take art. How is drawing pictures going to help me in any way shape or form. Its a waste of time if you're being forced to. I just don't get art. Ugh!
On the side here is the project: it's a self portrait collage of the last year of my life. I felt like a first grader doing this!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment