Friday, September 24, 2010

Taylor

Well, this weekend is Taylor invite, which is always very exciting. Here's how it goes down at the invite: We arrive and begin playing volleyball, frisbee, or just chat and catch up with old friends. Then teams are made to play all the wacky and great games that these Taylor people come up with. After that is a food and a Bible Study and a singing. The next day is church, and I personally adore the Taylor church. It is so quaintly decorated. Not the usual reds and browns that you see in most churches, no, this one boasts crisp white and blue colors. That and the kindness and hospitality at the church just make it a great weekend. To give an idea of the size of this event: last year there was a total of 26 churches represented.
Now, this year is going to be different I hear. Instead of the usual games and such, it's going to be a working weekend, which I think is a great idea. Also we are leaving tonight instead of early tomorrow. Speaking of the trip up...In the past we always just took a car load with the cousins, but this year it got switched up a bit and we decided on going with other people. I offered my van and the Thames offered their vans. With the two vans we would be comfortable. Well, as I was cleaning out our van Dad comes to thank me. He was impressed that on this busy day I would clean out the van for him. Apparently he had already claimed the van to pick up some Russians on Sunday. Great! now I'm vanless and time is ticking. After sloshing options around in my brain I've decided on just taking my car. We'll be squished, but it seems to be the best solution. It's a wonder how these things happen! I mean, this van never gets used and now it is suddenly booked by two parties. Ok, well, instead of talking about being busy, I should probably get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment