Thursday, September 16, 2010

No parents, eh?

Soooooooo, Mom and Dad have left for their St. Jude motorcycle ride to Memphis Tennessee early this morning. Actually I blame them for the tired state I am currently in for at 5ish in the morning all I could hear was the roaring engine of Dad's toy. Oh, well, I wish them a fun and happy trip. And Safe. Goodness knows how many times I've prayed that they stay safe. It's not like I'm losing sleep over it, but if they got in an accident we would be orphans and I would have to raise Ryan and Steven. I would have to raise Steven! I just don't think I could handle that.
Anyways, thus far things have gone well, everyone got to school looking good and on time. I told them to get all A's. I had some time between school and the time that they came home to clean Diane's house and mentally prepare for how this evening would unfold. After considering several options I decided the most painless way to deal with homework, feeding, and getting to bed would be to let them play their new Halo game and do all the work myself. I actually like pretending I'm a mom of three unruly teenagers. I told them they are giving me grey hairs and went on with the business of cleaning and fixing supper (or throwing a Pizza in the oven). Now I'm blogging about the trials of my life just like all the young mother's I know do.
Ok, on to more important things. Today in school we began Massage. We were all particularly excited for this. I mean, who doesn't want to spend three hours receiving and giving massages and pretending to learn at the same time!
On Tuesday Anni, Sarah Sceggel, Jessica Sauder, Janelle, and I went shopping and out to eat.  It was four hours and I only had 3 shirts to show for it, but it was fun all the same. We stopped to eat at Avanti's. I placed my order of Fetucchini Alfredo and the waitress very seriously tells me that that is "all you can eat". Based off of her tone of voice I thought she meant that I was not aloud to eat anything else. I confusedly accepted wondering why a business would try to restrict me from buying more food from them. It took me awhile to realize she meant I could eat all I wanted of that particular dish tonight.
Tonight we are going to the Morton Pumpkin Festival. These are pictures from last year. Good times.
We didn't actually do much at the festival, we kind of toured Morton doing silly things and taking lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment