Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Weekend and more

I am going to try to post more regularly because I really do want to be able to look back on this blog and see all the memories :).
For Labor Day Weekend it has become an annual event to have people over at the Lake to camp. The regular group is the Knoblochs, Striettmatters, and Keisers I think, but plenty more showed up. The weekend began on Friday for me as I had no school. I spent the day cleaning and studying. Good thing I studied on Friday because wouldn't have done it any other day. Then it was off to vaulting. Right now we are doing relaxed practices which is great because we can come up with some great tricks and transitions with the Reinhard girls and Jessica, Anni, and I.
The weather was so nice and cool that day and none of us had anything planned that we decided to go horseback riding. Sarah on Sangria, Bethany on Duke, Anni on Bunni, Karin on Sophie, and I rode ol' Larry Boy. I never get the chance to ride Larry on trails unless I'm by myself because he is too valuable as a beginner's horse. Having all experienced riders resulted in an all canter trail ride. The horses were so hyped up from the cool weather that they made the ride absolutely glorious. After that we hung out around the playground. Let the Weekend Begin!
The best way to describe Saturday is this: football, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, football, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee,  football, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, football, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, and water fights. It was pretty funny to see the guys all go play instruments and halo and the girls play tackle football. Everyone had so  much energy!
Church on Sunday was such a blessing as Randy Mogler and Frank Sauder spoke. Afterwards it was more football, Frisbee, and volleyball. A bunch of us girls slept in Jessica's little, newly remodeled, bedroom. It was crowded, but fun.
On Monday I came home to take a shower and grab some more clothes, however, the day ended up allot differently than I expected. Mom decided to tackle the large job that is Steven's bedroom. See, Ryan and Steven didn't get along in the same room so we hung up some blankets to section off a bit of the living room to become Steven's new room. It was just large enough for a bed and dresser, and just an eyesore enough to make it hard to ever invite anyone over. Anyway, I loved the thought of giving the living room a bit of a face lift and joined in on the work. We couldn't just finish with moving the bedroom, though, the large sectional couch, one table, bookshelves and two chairs had to be rearranged just perfectly. It's a good thing Mom and I aren't a married couple because we had different views on everything involved in the process. Once we came to an agreement as to where the furniture should all be placed a shopping trip was in order. We needed bar stools, a coffee table, two chairs to replace our broken old recliners, a side table, and a small bookshelf to hold games and cover up an ugly vent. We left the stores with all but the two chairs.I'd say it was successful. Now, all week I have been excited to come home because of the changes. I've been kicking myself however for not getting before pictures.

Well, this was on my computer, the house is messy in this picture and it was taken probably a year ago, but the layout hadn't changed. The camo blankets is Steven's "Bedroom". As you can see we had two dining rooms, a big design no no. The sitting area was inconvenient, therefore, never used, and the bookshelves are hard to see on the far left, but they are supposed to be built ins but we had them sticking out awkwardly by the front door.
Now, our livingroom boasts of great style and function. We have yet to accesorize, but as far as layout goes, I think we found a way to furnish this terribly large and difficult room. Now all we need is a grand fire place, all wood floors, proper light fixtures, brand new furniture......
      As for the rest of this week, it's been fine, a little long though. For school I have two tests and a practical to worry about and have not been able to rest easy because of them. Speaking of which, I should be studying now, instead I have spent the entire afternoon sitting in a field of grass to give Steve a chance to graze and helped mom cook supper. I know I'm 18 and supposed to be strong and independent, but I just felt a little lonely and perhaps a bit insecure today, so I subconsciously followed Mom around like a two year old would (except I didn't cling to her skirts the whole time). Good thing she is such a kind, loving, compassionate woman because her smiles, hugs, and overall good cheer brought my spirits up. I'm so blessed to know her, let alone, be her daughter. And, its funny, it's thoughts like this that brought me down in the first place. I am appalled to know that I sin every day so easily and yet the God who sent His only beloved Son to earth so I could nail Him to that cross with my sin also blessed me with a wonderful Mom and Dad and family and home and the list goes on. And though I may say "thank You" and "forgive me" a thousand times to God, it is not enough to show the gratitude I should be showing. I just hope that I can live a life that is pleasing to Him and that I never forget to give Him my all or slip away into apathetic attitudes.
Anyway, I've gone away with my thoughts. Where was I? lol oh, So we are looking at some busy weekends ahead. First, the trip to Indiana Dunes and my parent's bike ride for St. Jude, then it's the Taylor invite, next is the Spoon river drive, and last is the World Equestrian Games. I am so excited I just want this week to go quickly. I must ask for prayers as I embark, however, because of the stress that comes with having practicals and tests. I hate studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment