Monday, October 25, 2010

Frustrations with school

Looking back on today, I’m thinking that for a monday, it didn’t go so badly. Of course I feel as though my brain would explode(except I know that won’t happen. Wanna know how I know? we are learning about the brain right now. That’s how I know.) We just get so much information in a day that it is terribly hard to get it all to stick in my mind. I guess that’s where studying comes in.
Well, my first frustration comes from PHTA 112. This is our Physical Therapy program online class and it basically covers the common sense things like patient rights, dealing with different situations, etc. Well, I get an email from the teacher one day saying to meet with her about my grade. I quickly and panickingly check Blackboard to see that my grade was a 62%! If we have anything below a 75 by the end of the semester we get kicked out of the program. Not good news. So I go to meet with her thinking it must be a math error on her part, because I knew that I had only missed on one assignment. What I found out during that meeting was that she has it set up so that basically, yah, if you miss even one assignment, you are put into a failing position. WHAT IS THAT???? Not fair in my opinion. Well, we figured out that if I get every assignment in from here out and get 100s on all of them I will get a 78% by the end of the semester. Cutting it too close? Yes.
The second frustration is in my art class and just happened today. This is another online class and only a gen-ed so no big consequences for failing it. Not that I’m going to fail. Anyway, Our last assignment was to write a 3-4 page history paper on some artist. I picked one that did a lot of landscape scenes. They were pretty and easy to write about. I spent a lot of time on it and actually enjoyed it a lot. I turned it in feeling good about it. An Easy A. Well I checked my grade today and it says I got a 98 out of 200! that’s a 40%!!! Ok, I’m not bragging, but I am good at writing papers. I got an A+ in a super hard English Composition class. I would understand getting that grade on some drawing or painting assignment as I know nothing about art, but a history paper!?!?! Really!?!?!? I sent her an email and I hope to get a nice one back saying, “oh I’m sorry, I must have entered your grade wrong” or something like that. At least we have enough grades in that class that an F on this assignment will only put me at a low B.
Sometimes I think it’s just not fair the way teachers can ruin your life like that. Anyway, I’m going to go to vaulting in 30 minutes and that will surely calm me down. Then it’s the Titus Bible Study with the family.
We have two little finches and they have laid 13 eggs! they sit on them faithfully, but I doubt any will hatch.

UPDATE:
Turns out the art grade was a mistake, this is the email the teacher sent me:
Hi Rebekah,  No this is not right It should read 198.  I make sure that it is changed.  Thanks for letting me know.  Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment