Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Productivity

Nearly every morning I pray that it will be a productive day. God certainly fulfilled this prayer today. We, as in Sarah S. Bethany, Anni, and I, stayed the night at the Sauders (my cousins) house. It was fun and all, but around 10:00, I began to pity myself. I have gotten myself on such a strict schedule of going to be at around 9 and waking at 6 that to deviate from said schedule was almost agonizing. Here's the thing: how rude would it be if I came over for good times and left the party to go sleep? In my cousin's eyes, very rude. And, I wanted to have fun, really, and I did try, but boy was I tired. It was inevitable that I would fall asleep as soon as they started the movie. I can't say a single complimentary word for last night's sleep either. After tossing and turning and moving from their recliner to their couch to the floor, I finally woke myself up and six and headed home. My initial intentions were to feed Steve and go back to bed, but the day had started and there was coffee in the pot.


The morning turned out to be great, actually. My parents and I had a casual breakfast together and at 7:30 went to walk with the ladies. Surprisingly, my dad came too! He said he couldn't get a word in edgewise, and Mike (my uncle) joined in for the last loop, I think, out of sympathy for my Dad. We came home and got right into schedule by starting our day at eight o clock with a family Bible Study. Having the Bible study in the mornings has been such a great thing for our family and a wonderful way to start the work day with a good attitude.


We did our normal housework. After the cleaning was done mom and I decided to buckle down and trim Cindy's feet. Cindy had foundered very badly this year, rendering her unusable for the summer and perhaps forever. It's been difficult to see her in this sort of pain as she was born and raised at our place and has become a definite part of the family. Trimming her feet was not a simple task and I thank Dad from the bottom of my heart for helping out. It was good to get that done.


Well, next on the schedule was a doctors appointment for me. Because I am in the PTA program I have to have all these different immunizations up to date. This spring I got them all over with and was about to turn them in when I received a letter in the mail announcing that they are requiring chicken pox vaccination! I, along with all my siblings, had had it when I was young, but of course, they would not accept my, nor my mother's word on this. Which leaves me, once again, in the doctors office. They decided, since I've had it already they would just draw some blood and give the proof that I am immune. I would rather have just gotten the shot and be done with it. Here's the thing about shots: My mind doesn't mind them at all! I actually think they are pretty cool, but apparently my body doesn't agree. I have had a terrible history of nearly passing out every time I have blood drawn or have more than one shots in a day! So, The student nurse goes to draw the blood, she inserts the needle, digs around for awhile, pauses, calls her superior over who also digs around in my arm for awhile, and finally pulls the needle out. My vision darkening, I ask if they got it, "No, we'll try in the other arm" was the reply. By that point I was fading fast. I could barely hear my own voice when I asked if I could lie down. Of course, I didn't want to look like a baby or make it seem worse than it was so I started cracking lame jokes while on the floor. Eventually I stood up and was taken to a bed to lie down in while the second lady very quickly and easily took the blood sample.
I was glad to be out of there, but still pretty faint while mom ran some errands.


Next on today's agenda was to go to Ken Hoerr's house, the house where my dad was working to help move some lift thing. We arrived and found out we weren't need for awhile and we should swim in their indoor pool. As if to just try my patience, it took three hours to get ready to move the dumb thing. The wait was so long and excruciating that, in my exhaustion from the restless night, I ended up falling asleep in a puddle on the floor next to the pool. I woke up thirty minutes later freezing and with funny indentations all over my face and body. When we finally got around to moving the lift it ended up that it was going downhill and, well, it all happened so fast that I wasn't able to get a good handhold before it was in place and ready to be hitched up to the van. What a waste of time.
This is my dad giving his get back to work look!


Speaking of wasting time, I believe I am late to clean the office. I guess an apology is also in order for this ridiculously long and detailed report on my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment