Monday, July 26, 2010

Practical

This wheelchair has to do with physical therapy so I stuck it in.
I am feeling stuperpendulous (I made that up) right now! Came to the practical with alot of confidence, did my best, and feel really great about it. It was actually surprisingly easy. The transfer assigned to me was the two man lift which is used when the patient, for some reason, cannot bend or use both legs. It involves one person on the ground to hold and move the legs and another behind the wheelchair to transfer the upper half. I took the upper half and had Melissa Heinold help with the lower end. What's nice about this transfer is the PTA does all the work and does not have to spend time or effort in explaining everything to the patient. Anyway, you know what is kindof cool about this job? For school, nearly the whole time we are role playing, which is great for me because I absolutely adore acting. That makes things a little easier.
Well, I'm at home now, but will have to return to school in about an hour for medical terminology. I have to give  a dumb presentation using at least five medical terms. yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment