Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sore and hurt Janitor

Yesterday’s big events: vaulting and cleaning Diane’s house. At vaulting I felt as though I was going through a full hour work out. Either the tricks were tough or I’m out of shape. A glance toward the other weary vaulters at the end confirmed that it was the former. The routine we are practicing is not an easy one. There is only one spot in the whole thing where there isn’t at least one person standing. To make things more difficult, during August we have two shows with two completely separate groups of vaulters, and most of us will be leaving on vacation for several weeks right before. The stress of this situation can be seen very clearly on Karin’s face. Nevertheless, we enjoy our time together doing what we love to do. It’s hard, but we plow through.


Now, for Diane’s house: I have been bestowed the job of janitorial services for both my Aunt Diane’s house and office. Yesterday, I planned on cleaning it after vaulting, but I just couldn’t resist the cool blue waters of her lake. Well, before going into the house, I had to dry of course, for at least an hour. It was so relaxing on that beach that I just couldn’t pull myself away. Well, I did at one thirty and got going on my duties. I won’t lie, it was pretty difficult to look outside and see a whole bunch of my relatives soaking up the sun and swimming to their heart’s contentment. I purposed not to think of it and not to feel sorry for myself. Continuing on I got to washing windows. She has a porch that overlooks the lake and most of the time I clean the sliding door windows and kitchen windows on the outside there too. I’m washing as fast (and as thorough) as I can to avoid being seen and scorching my feet when I feel an awful burning sting on my right inner thigh. A wasp. I ran into the house to grab a cool wet rag on the wound. Ok, so I’m not usually a baby about these things. With bee stings I just pull out the stinger and go on my merry way. This was a lot different. It hurt like the dickens and the weirdest thing is the muscles around it went sort of went into a tetanus state, where the muscles contract and don’t de-contract. Anyway, if I was feeling sorry for myself before, I was certainly feeling bad now.


On a happier note: all the girl cousins came over and we had a slumber party in our newly renovated, empty apartment. The evening began with an hour and a half of cooking (always a great bonding experience) which was well worth it when we finally sat down to eat. Chicken baked in a creamy sweet sauce, twice baked potatoes filled with cheddar cheese and bacon bits, steamed vegetables with TONS of cheese (an instant hit), a delightful salad, and, of course, IBC root beer. After cleaning up the supper mess we jumped right into the other activities planned, which included silly jump rope routines and, due to the huge mirror covering almost one whole side of the living room, dancing. Dancing is not something that we ever do as we do not attend high school dances or parties or anything of the sort (who would want to with such great church activities to go to instead? Seriously.) It was a lot of fun because none of us know how to dance, but we were all comfortable enough with each other that we plain out didn’t care. All in all, it was a great slumber party.


Ok, so you know how I’m riding a purebred Friesian mare in the N. IL. Horse fest? Wynne? Well, it’s been decided that I’m going to wear my Halloween costume from a few years ago. Want to know what the costume was? A fifty dollar old fashioned wedding dress!!!! I’m so excited the dress is so beautiful and on the horse it will look so good. I can’t wait. Hopefully Wynne doesn’t get too scared of having bunches of white material flowing all over on her back and down her rump. We will see.

This is the dress on Sarah Reinhard. It will be to die for when on that horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment