Monday, July 26, 2010

Why I walk

So, here is how the next few weeks are going to work: while at California, every one in my family are going to write journal entries about the day. Whenever I get Internet I will try to publish them here. They will probably be quite long and boring with snippets of interesting, but they will be great for us to look back on and that was the whole point of this blog. I will also be taking pictures and videos, but I'm not sure if I will mess with them until we return home.
Today is my second to last day of school for this summer! YAY! Unfortunately it is also the day of practicals. Here's the unfortunate part: I was sick all weekend and did not get one chance to practice!!! AHHH!!! Even as I write this, the morning of the practical, I'm not feeling 100%, and they expect me to do alot of heavy lifting! On top of that, I got one of the worst time slots and the harder teacher. At least my partner is good. I am just going to need alot of prayer for today and hopefully, with God's help, I'll make it through.
I didn't go on the walk today because I thought I would be completely swamped with things to do to prepare for today, but they surprisingly went by really fast and now I am missing the morning walk with the ladies. Recently, I was speaking with some girls and they wondered why on earth would I want to join in on these walks. I did not  have an answer for them at the time, but now I've thought of one. It is because of the conversation. You see, these ladies have been through a whole lot more of life than I have, and, frankly, they are much wiser. I learn so much hearing about their mistakes, fortunes, and spiritual walks. I feel so fortunate that I have a group of women that I can look up too and learn from that I know have come from a great background and all love Christ very much. Plus, by going on the walks I can be up-to-date on all the recent news in the family and church.

No comments:

Post a Comment